DIY: Foot/Handprint Wooden Plaque

by - 9:44 AM




What You Will Need:

Wooden Plaques: Size of your desire.

Black Spray Paint

White Paint

Paint Brush

Letter Stencils 

Your Little Ones Feet/Hands

How To:

1.) Spray boards with black spray paint. Let dry.



2.) I did this two different ways. First, I painted in the letter 'L' and 'E' using lettered stencils. I then painted over my 5 year olds hand and stamped it on to make the 'O', and my 1 year olds feet to make the 'V'. For the other two boards I painted on half the 'L' stencil using my 2 year old niece's foot for the other half, again used my boys hand and feet for the 'O' and 'V', and used my newborn niece's foot for the middle of the 'E'.  (you can see examples of both in the pictures first posted)

3.) Let white paint dry completely.

4.) OPTIONAL! I decided to hand paint each kids name into their hand/foot print (as seen below).



5.) Can either be hung up, drilling two small holes for nails in the back, on the wall. OR propped up on a shelf.



As you can see, it did not come out perfectly, but it wasn't exactly a Pinterest fail! I made three of these, one for my mom, my mother-in-law, and my Mema. They absolutely loved it! It was definitely worth the frustration of getting the younger kids to cooperate!

Another Option!

I had an extra canvas hiding away in the closet, and my husband suggested doing something special for Ryen's (my oldest) grandma, with the help of his other brother Weston.



I made some bigger lettered stencils using construction paper, for the 'L' and the 'E', and used Ryen's hand print and Weston's Footprints. Again, I hand painted their names to go with each print. On the back I wrote with sharpie the year and "Merry Christmas", because of course these were used as gifts for Christmas. The kids enjoyed doing this with me and over all I think they came out really well!

You May Also Like

0 comments