Aloha From Hawaii | 2016

by - 11:15 AM



The long awaited for Hawaii trip blogpost! If you don't know, my incredibly awesome husband secretly planned a trip for me to Hawaii to visit my sister ALONE! He got a sitter for the kids one night and took me out to dinner and surprised me with a gift bag and a card. I'll insert the video below



I was in complete shock. I seriously have the most amazing husband on this planet. He planned out all the sitter situations with the boys while he was at work so that I didn't have to stress about it, and he sent me in my merry way.

I was extremely nervous about flying by myself, because I had only flown one other time before this and it was with Matt. I was afraid I was going to get lost in the airport. But, just as Matt assured me, I made it to my flight just fine and on time. My first flight was almost 5 hours and a layover in Phoenix, and from Phoenix to Honolulu it was about 6ish. (I can't remember- pregnancy brain). My beautiful sister greeted me with REAL flowered leis that were not closed, because apparently it's bad luck for a pregnant women to wear closed leis.

I'm not going to go through every detail of this trip, because the pictures I will show will tell you just how fantastic this trip was. And even then, pictures do not do it justice! Hawaii is a real life paradise. And that is not an exaggeration in any way, shape, or form! The fact that my sister gets to live in this amazing place is beyond me. And, more than that, I was just incredibly happy to spend the time much needed with my sister. It is so hard being away from each other, and I miss her and my nieces an insane amount.

I got to wake up every morning to coffee and waffles with my girls, snorkel with gorgeous sea turtles on a secret beach, walk the lagoons, hike to a waterfall at a location where Lost was filmed (if you know me, you know I had slight obsession with Lost), ate amazing food, tried shave ice for the first time, witnessed my first Hawaiian sunset, which by the way is unreal! Had a girls day kid-free with just my sister where we took the scenic route to the beach and my sister tried to kill me by making me sit in a tube in the ocean, had a delicious lunch, and shopped till we dropped. Went to a kid friendly yoga class and it made me wish we had something like that in my home town because it was awesome! I bought myself a pair of $40 flip flops I cringed as I checked out, but my sister swore on them and my feet were killing me. If you know me, again, you would know I'm not keen on buying things for myself. I am the person that picks things up and puts them back before I reach the register because I'm super cheapo when it comes to myself. So spending 40 freaking dollars on a pair of sandals literally almost killed me. But, my sister was more than right. These sandals are yoga mats on my feet and I have worn them every single day since I've purchased them. My prego feet are thanking me and I've definitely got my money's worth out of them. So, if you are looking for a pair of amazingly comfy sandals that are not less that fashionable I highly recommend Sunuk's Yoga Slings. You won't regret it!

This trip was one for the books. I will never forget how paradise feels and looks, and what's better is that I got to experience it with my sister. I can't thank my husband enough for sending me on this unforgettable trip, something I am so undeserving of. I can't wait to go back and bring my sweety with me one day. Check out the video below to get a sliver of my trip to Hawaii!












































You May Also Like

0 comments